Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lesson Learned

DSC_0025-edited
{This photo has nothing to do with the post. Just can't post without a photo.}

I was sick all last week. I did not go to work all week. I did not do much of anything except eat, sleep and watch lots of TV. I had a fever for 4 days along with aches, chills, and chest congestion. I can't ever remember being this sick for this long. It was nasty and I only have myself to blame. I am going to go ahead and admit it. I did not get a flu shot. My kids and husband got flu shots, but not me. I don't really have a good excuse. I think deep down I thought I was invincible. I take my vitamin D every day along with my other vitamins. I drink my green smoothie every day. I am healthy. Nothing can bring me down, right? Well, I sure was humbled.

I don't know for sure that I had the flu because I did not go to the doctor and get tested, but I feel pretty confident that I did. It's 9 days later and I am finally feeling back to normal. Yuck.

Lesson Learned: I am obviously not invincible. I will get a flu shot next year.







8 comments:

Moon Underwood said...

This was the year we all finally got flu shots here too. Everyone got the new seasonal + H1N1 shot, that is, except hubby, who brushed it off like it was no big deal - he's big enough and strong enough and never gets sick. And guess who got sick. He did. Tower of a man that he is, he fell hard. I can empathize completely!

Corey~living and loving said...

I am so sorry that you were so sick. I do believe that we have to get sick sometimes....and it is good for our bodies to fight it off. I'm not a fan of the flu shot....we haven't gotten them for several years. I know we might get the flu....but I'm more scared of the vaccine. I'm not entirely against vaccines...I just like to limit them.

I am so glad that you are feeling better though. no fun.

Kimberly said...

So sorry to hear that you've been sick. Glad to hear you're feeling better though. Kiddo and I have been going through this too. Not fun!

julee said...

Glad you are finally feeling like yourself.

I remember the 2 times I had the flu. The scary part for me was how I was fine one minute and the next I was practically falling over. Felt like a lead door slammed me and boom...your sick! It's amazing.

Anyway, now your convalescence is over...get back to work..haha

Run Lori Run said...

Blech. For you to be out the WHOLE week, you must have been really sick! Glad you are well enough to blog. :)

Unknown said...

Poor Mama!! I hope you are on the mend now...a whole week, that is super rough! Sending you lots of Cali sunshine and love to make you feel better.

Cara said...

Totally sounds like the Flu, take care of yourself Momma. The same thing happen to my husband. He did not get the shot and he got sick while we all who got the shot were unaffected. Hope you are feeling better now, the flu is the worst.

Stacy said...

So glad you are feeling better! A week is a long time to be down and out. I did not get a flu shot this year either...or last year...or the year before. I must think I am invincible, too. ;) I'm sure my ticket will come up eventually, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails