Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Today is a Big Day

Today is Harper's first day of second grade. She was so excited for the first day of school after finding out she got the teacher that she wanted and one of her good friends was in her class. Then they decided to add another teacher and she was moved to a new class yesterday, the day before the first day of school. To say she was devastated is an understatement. My heart broke for her. I know it will be fine, but it is so hard seeing your children so upset.

DSC_1084

Harper is so resilient. She meets friends easily and is so easy going. I sure do love that girl with all of my heart.

DSC_1085-edited

It is also our anniversary. I can't believe we have been married 11 years. Crazy. I love this guy with all my heart too.

DSC_0746-edited


Last but not least, Miller is graduating from Pre-K today. Miller will have his first full day in exactly 2 weeks, not that I am counting down or anything. : ) It is really bittersweet. We have been attending the same daycare for 7 years now, so it is sad leaving. However, we will not have a huge chunk of change deducted from our account each week, which will be very nice. I won't lie. I am VERY worried about how he is going to do with this transition, but I will save those thoughts for another post. I sure do love this guy with all my heart too.

DSC_1000

I sure am one lucky gal.


5 comments:

Maggie said...

Second grade?! Wow! Time sure does fly!

Corey~living and loving said...

big day indeed! can't wait to hear how the first day of 2nd grade went. She looked so cute. :)

Kimberly said...

It's amazing how quickly they're growing up. I'm sure Miller will adjust perfectly to school, and Harper will do just fine too. Happy Anniversary!!!

Jessie said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that you guys start school so early! She is sure cute and getting so big :(

Unknown said...

Oh...we are counting down days to see which teacher we get and if our bff will be in our class, too. I know Em will be fine, but it just makes it all so much easier on everyone if it works out the way we had "planned."

Happy Anniversary to you guys! August is such a great month to be married in. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails