Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Best Shot Monday- Reaching for the Sun

It finally set in this weekend. It really is fall and almost winter. Christmas is right around the corner. The flowers are no longer blooming. The kids are spending way too much time inside. What are we going to do? Our weekends are not jammed packed with things to do. I can't just open the back door and send my kids outside. It is dark when we get home. When did this happen?

This afternoon we headed outside for a little fresh air before it got dark. I grabbed my camera because it was still light outside. As I looked around I noticed the sun setting. It was shining down perfectly on some dead flower branches. It looked like they were on fire. Wasn't it just yesterday that everything in our yard was blossoming? Now it is SO dead.


DSC_0101_edited-1





DSC_0102






DSC_0103

This moment was gone before I knew it. It is so symbolic of how I feel most of the time. Time needs to slow down and wait for me. I am choosing the first shot as my best shot this week.

Visit Tracey's for more Best Shot Monday.

11 comments:

Christina said...

It might be dead, but it still looks grgeous illuminated like that!

Megan said...

what a cool shot!

Vered said...

I love it!

"Wasn't it just yesterday that everything in our yard was blossoming? Now it is SO dead." - well, spring WILL be back eventually. :)

Joanna said...

What beautiful flare. The color of the sun looks so warm and inviting. Thats one of my favorite times, when it starts to disappear behind the horizon and leave a warm glow on everything.

Cara said...

Great shots. I feel the same way about the winter, I miss the time after work to be outside with the kids.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love that first one too! Just gorgeous!

MGF said...

Nice flare....

Jaimee said...

Wow, Jen...those are GORGEOUS shots! You bring those dead flowers to life!

Kimberly said...

That is so pretty.

Stacy said...

I love the fire and flare on that first shot - just gorgeous. I feel the same way...winter is coming on way too fast.

Maggie said...

Gone before I know it.

Truer words were never spoken.

And these shots are amazing -- such great composition!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails