Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sneak Peak at Second Chance Studio

I know my posting has been a little scarce lately. I have been so preoccupied with creating and sewing little items. I have all these ideas swimming around in my head and I have been able to produce a few of them. Here's a sneak peak at what I have been up to the last several weeks.


cases and sleeves_filtered

These were all made from felted wool sweaters.

christmas cookie tea set_filtered

This needs to be completed. I want to include one more cookie and one more tea bag.

pendants_filtered

As you can tell these are also a work in progress. They are pendants made from old scrabble tiles and magazine clippings. I am also working on customized magnets with photos under glass.

scarf_filtered

This scarf was made from an old angora Banana Republic sweater.

Rudy

Oh, and then there is Sleeping Rudy. I actually drew up the pattern on this one. Maybe next go round he will be awake and actually stand up.
Now I just need to figure out how to list items on Etsy and take some better photos. I took these this morning in about 5 minutes so that I could post them today.
I would love feedback. As you can tell I have been having problems sticking to one thing. Is there something that you think I should concentrate on?
If you get this feed by e-mail and can't see the pictures, make sure to click here.

8 comments:

MGF said...

The coffee huggers totally got my attention. You did such a nice job on all the stuff.

Joanna said...

Wow, wow, wow. I so wish I had your ability. You are going to be great on Etsy! I think its great that you are all over the place and not just doing one item. Everyone loves a variety.

So you have to tell me, on the scrabble pieces...what did you use to make the glossy layer on the top. That's not just tape is it? I love those.

Kimberly said...

Goodness, you've been busy! I love the scrabble pieces. I'd love one of those with a photo of my little girl on it ~ would you be willing to take a special order? Also, I LOVE Rudy!!! He'd be adorable sleeping under a Christmas tree or in a bookcase. The felt food items seem to be realy popular right now and I bet you'd do well with those on etsy.

Christina said...

Dang Jen! You are amazing, these are all so super adorable and there a LOT of them! You're gonna be a success. Let us know when you go live, so we can come check it out!

Andrea said...

Fantastic! I love recycled items, and yours are some of the best I've seen! Each week I feature an Etsy shop on my blog. If you're interested (once you're up and running), let me know. :)

Anonymous said...

Those scrabble tile pendants are super-awesome! Are you selling them yet? Cause I'd definitely be interested...

COTTON MOMMA said...

Jen I think everything looks so cool! I don't know what I like best b/c they are all so unique. I can't wait to see your store in action. Mitch should be so proud of you and your talent!

Stacy said...

Jen, I love all your items. That Rudolph is just tooooo adorable! I love the coffee huggies, too. Well, I love everything. Great job on getting your shop full of wonderful craftiness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails