Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas

DSC_0359-edited



Christmas is on my mind. I have been thinking about Christmas for months now. What to get people on our list? How to wrap gifts in an eco-friendly way? Are there gifts I can make? We have already decided that we are buying less this year. So much of what we usually give the kids ends up in the back of the closet.

Here's some ideas that I thought I would share with you:
  • For the aspiring artist, visit The Stubby Pencil Studio. If you missed it, read my review here.

  • Sprig Toys offers eco-friendly trucks and vehicles. The toys are made from a bio-composite material made from recycled wood and reclaimed plastic. You can find them at Amazon.com.

  • Green Toys has an adorable tea set, an indoor garnening kit, sand toys, and a cookware and dining set. They use recycled milk containers as the main ingredient in creating their toys.

  • If you need more of a selection and don't mind shopping online, be sure to check out Oompa Toys. They have good selection of organic toys. They also have a section for toys made in the USA.

  • You can never go wrong with something handmade. If you don't have the time or energy to make something yourself, browse through the shops on Etsy.com.

  • Use recycled wrapping paper. Check out Fish Lips Paper Design or Earthloven.

  • If gift bags work better for you, The Ole Bag Lady has a HUGE selection of reusable fabric bags at a reasonable price.


I am off to do some shopping.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We recycle our gift bags every year. I also use wrapping paper - the stuff that you wrap your dishes in for packing. I also keep reusing those beautiful Christmas tags. I have some for each of us and just reuse them every year.
Thanks for sharing this very important post.

Unknown said...

We're fans of Etsy.com since our renewal vow ceremony. There are some amazing craftspeople there. And the prices are terrific.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails