Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Crafty Pillow Tuesday

Last week was all about pillows. My niece turned 4 last week. My sister-in-law wanted to make a reading nook in the corner of her room. So she requested some floor pillows to make the space nice and cozy. I spent way more time deciding on fabric and thinking about what kind of pillows to make then I did actually sewing the pillows.

DSC_3947-edited


I knew that I wanted to make the floor cushion by Living with Punks, so it was the first one that I tackled.

DSC_3954-edited


I also knew that I wanted to make the dress up doll pillow from the new Wee Wonderful's book. This book is so cute. There are so many dolls that I want to make from this book.
I had so much fun putting this pillow together.

DSC_3967-edited

DSC_3976-edited

DSC_3983-edited

DSC_3987-edited

DSC_3990-edited

All the pieces go in the back pocket.

DSC_3995-edited

DSC_4002-edited

Then I made a couple of simple pillows.

DSC_3960-edited

This one is 16" x 16' and has a soft furry pink fabric on the back. I thought it would be good for cuddling.

DSC_3957-edited

This one is 24" x 24". This was my first time to cover a button too.

DSC_3966-edited


Here's the other side.

DSC_3965-edited



I do have a couple of projects that I need to be working on, but my main focus this week is going to be operation de-stash.

Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.




13 comments:

Angie said...

Saw the pillow picture on the Wee Wonderfuls flickr group--love the way your paper doll pillow turned out!

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is the dress up pillow?? Great job on everything this week. Looks like you have been busy! I have floor pillows on my to do list, too. I am planning on filling it up with all the scraps of fabric I have sitting around. Got to do something with them, right??

Unknown said...

OH. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dress-up doll pillow! Definitely need to add that one to the list. How cute that you can use up all your girly fun scraps, too!?

Great pillow week, Jen!

Kimberly said...

Love them all but I think my favorite is the giant round one. The dress up pillow is too stinking cute!

Ashley said...

I love these pillows! I love the dress up pillow the most!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE these ideas!! What little girl wouldn't love a dress up pillow?? Thanks for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. Oh & I may have already told you but let me know if you ever want to do a tutorial on Ladybug Blessings!

Momma said...

What a cute idea!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, how totally FUN are those?!?! I love it. The dress up pillow is to die for! And I love the big round floor cushion. Your niece lucked out in the cool aunt department. :o)

kati said...

What an awesome idea!!! I love the dress up pillow!

chris said...

These are all fabulous. I hadn't seen the dress up pillow yet! I must get a copy of that book. Well done.

kati said...

I love it I featured you on my blog, I hope you can come by and take a look!

http://dragonflyfeathers.blogspot.com/2010/10/featuring-my-favorites-friday-no9.html

Run Lori Run said...

Wow, you are a busy woman! Your pillows turned out so cool~ nice work!

hipMomma-MelodyA. said...

OK, you and Stacy just amaze me. That dress up pillow is too cute! Certainly inspiring me to get sewing more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails