Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Recycled Tee Camera Strap Cover

I have been needing a camera strap cover for a very long time now. I had elaborate plans to make one that had various pockets. I like the look of the patchwork ones that I have seen in various places, but was concerned that they would not be very comfortable. I decided to use an old t-shirt so that it would nice and soft around my neck. I also decided against pockets this go around to keep it nice and simple.

DSC_4115-edited 2

What you will need:

t-shirt or knit fabric
batting or flannel
sewing machine

DSC_4106-edited

Cut 2 pieces that are 4" x 11.5". If your t-shirt is big enough, you can cut 1 piece that is 4" x 23".

Then with right sides together sew the 2 pieces together along the short end. I used the hem of the shirt so that I would not have to hem the bottom.

Cut a piece of batting the same size as the t-shirt piece.

DSC_4107-edited

Sew straight lines the length of the fabric to attach the batting to the knit fabric.

DSC_4108-edited


DSC_4109-edited

Fold the piece in half with right sides together. Sew the length of the strap forming a tube.

DSC_4111-edited

Turn the tube right side out. Then feed your strap through the cover. Ta-da.

DSC_4115-edited


Now you have a comfy, stylish, and eco-friendly camera strap cover.

If you make one, please make sure to add it to my flickr group.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

This is a great idea. I need a camera strap.

Ruth

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Great! I need a camera so I can make one of these:) I am highlighting that somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Sachiko said...

I love the fabric! Thank you for sharing with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails