Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kitchen Update- Painting Cabinets

This weekend was spent priming and painting our cabinets.  Ick. I forget how much painting cabinets stinks!  Mitch spent Saturday morning sanding, filling holes, and doing more sanding.  I was able to help a little bit between shuttling the kids around.


DSC_2744 

Then we spent the rest of the afternoon priming.  It took us a good 3 hours to get everything primed.

DSC_2745 

DSC_2746 

On Sunday we were able to get our first coat of paint on.  It turns out that this is definitely a two person job so Mitch didn't get anything else accomplished this weekend.  It just seems like it should go so much faster than it does.   We will put a second coat on next weekend.  We are using an oil based paint, which takes forever to dry.  Then Mitch needs to build the drawers so that we can put a countertop down.  I am excited to have more space to spread out.  I might even start moving some things into those cabinets once everything is dry.

DSC_2756

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow! What a difference a coat of pain makes! Those cabinets look awesome!

Jen (emsun.org) said...

I really like white-painted cabinets. Mine are, too!

julee said...

White, clean, new....yeah!

summer said...

IT IS LOOKING AWESOME! I can't wait to see it finished (haha, and not have to do any of the work! ;)

Stacy said...

They are looking really great! I know painting cabinets takes a while, but in the end you will have a fabulous kitchen with TONS of storage. I envy your storage.

Kimberly said...

I am so jealous of th counter and storage space you have! You guys are doing a fantastic job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails