Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Meal Planning Again

DSC_2739-edited 

 I have successfully planned our meals for the last 2 weeks.  Woohoo.  I am on a roll.  It makes life so much easier when I don't have to think about what I need to cook for dinner.  I have been making some meals on Sunday so that we have food for lunch and good snacks to eat during the week.  I have also been making dinners ahead of time to cover the nights we have Tae Kwon Do.  It is definitely more work, but it is worth it to have healthy food to eat.

Here's what I planned for this week:
Snacks
Sunflower Oat Bars
Raisin Seed Balls
Ancient Grain Banana Breakfast Bread
Sunflower Seed and Cashew Cheese
I made all of the recipes above this weekend.  I can tell you they are all winners.  The kids love the raisin seed balls and the sunflower oat bars. I used peanut butter for the oat bars.  The breakfast bread is also very yummy and also almost gone.  The sunflower and cashew cheese is great on crackers or could work in a wrap with veggies for lunch too.

Lunch
Dilled Egg Salad
Sweet Potato Hummus
Avocado and Bean Burritos
Black Bean Soup
Black Bean Confetti Salad
I made all of these except the burritos this weekend too.  The sweet potato hummus might be my favorite.  It is really, really good. 


Dinners
Cashew Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Wild Salmon with Rosemary Sweet Potatoes and Lemon Asparagus
Coconut Dal with Broccoli and Wild Rice
Sesame Crusted Sole, Kale Chips, and Quinoa
Kale Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms with Rice
I also have some chicken and tofu that will get thrown into the mix too for the kids.  Harper refuses to eat fish.  She was traumatized back in August when we went trout fishing. We ate the Lettuce Wraps Sunday night for dinner and the kids loved them. 

So needless to say there has been no sewing going on at my house.  I did manage to cut out and interface some fabric for a purse.  I also have a baby quilt to make.  So I promise there will be crafty things to show soon.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow, those all look really healthy! Good for you! I have been trying to meal plan, too, but my meals are not nearly as good for us. :)

Unknown said...

I so need to do a better job of dinner meal planning, too. I do fine on the lunchbox part of it - but come 2:30 and I'm standing there wondering what to make for dinner....grrr...least fave thing in the world. I'm going to do a better job of this.

Corey~living and loving said...

dinner is the the Uck in my life story. I need to plan, but I can't seem to get my act together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails