Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Baby Quilt Take 1

I made a quilt for a friend that just had a baby.  I used a super soft minky for the back.  I just quilted in the ditch along each row.  I used 9 inch squares with 4 of the squares cut in half, so that the squares are staggered. I was happy with how it was turning out until I added the satin blanket binding.  I took it off several times then finally it seemed like it was going well, so I just finished.  Now I keep looking at it and I am really unhappy with the wonkiness of it. Ugh.  I will probably end up taking all of the binding off again.

DSC_2894

I liked the idea of the soft cuddly back and satin trim to make it more appealing to a baby, but now I am thinking about using cotton fabric to bind it.   Hopefully I will have take 2 next week.  

DSC_2897

At least there is some proof that I did get some sewing done this week.

Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

That looks really cute!

Satin binding takes a bit to understand how to get it to lay right. I also go around twice to get as close to the edge as I can on the second go around so the binding edge doesn't stick up. I think it looks fine, though. We are our own worst critic! I'm sure the parent won't even notice if the binding was off a bit. You know the baby won't care. ;)

Kimberly said...

What a beautiful and cherished gift. I think those make the best gifts.

Maggie said...

Super cute! I haven't ever made a quilt...I think it's going to be a while before I work up the courage to try it!

Unknown said...

It is so pretty, though! I know how you feel when something is just "off" and it bugs you until you fix it. But...the front of the quilt is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails