Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

All Things Green

Green Smoothie

For the last few months I have been back on my green smoothie kick. I have been having one for breakfast almost every day. I have it down to a science now. I started adding the chia seeds and the nut butter for some protein and staying power.


Green Smoothie

Here is my general recipe:
Fill blender a little more than halfway with greens (spinach, kale, chard, or even a salad mix)
1 banana
2 tbsp of nut butter
a sprinkle of chia seeds
1-2 cups frozen fruit
1 cup almond milk
1 cup water

Makes 2 servings

I also wanted to show a few shots of the garden so far. Here is some lettuce that my husband planted.


Lettuce

Broccoli and brussel sprouts, which REALLY need to be weeded.
Broccoli & Brussel Sprouts


Some basil sprouting up.
Basil

A little bit of cilantro too.
Cilantro


Just to add a little bit of color. Here is some wild columbine.
Wild Columbine

I took all of these shots yesterday so as you can tell everything survived all the rain. I can't believe that nothing was washed away.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

So glad that your garden survived! I haven't planted yet...I'm just waiting to see if we get a frost. Usually it is safe after Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

You really are the GREENest Mama I know! I'm gonna have to try your smoothies...I gotta get over my "veggies can't be consumed in the morning" idea! :-)

Kristen's Raw said...

Yay for green smoothies!!!

Joanna said...

Well arent you a healthy smoothie drinker?! Good for you. Im so glad your hard work in the garden didnt get washed away in the floods.

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jen,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I remembered that you use to blog about smoothies and I was actually thinking about them the other day.

I will be making this one.

I also need to put my herbs in the ground. I bought some blueberries this year, but I'm told they won't bloom until next year. I remember how pretty your were last year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails