Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Feeling Fortunate

If you have been following the news, you may have seen the terrible flooding that has occurred here in Middle Tennessee. We received close to 18 inches of rain in 48 hours. Nashville and all the surrounding areas are a complete mess. I feel so fortunate that we stayed dry and safe. So many people have lost everything. Here are a few photos that I took on Sunday. These photos were taken before the second round of storms hit us.

This is our local park. Harper was supposed to have a mile run here yesterday.



Pinkerton Park

Hwy 96


DSC_1366

This is the Harpeth River.

Harpeth River


Since it is Tuesday after all, I do have a few bits of craftiness. You would think that being homebound all weekend would allow me some sewing time, but not this weekend. I spent every free minute glued to the news.

I did find a few minutes to make this brooch for Harper's teacher. Her birthday was on Sunday and Harper really wanted to give her something.



DSC_1397

Harper lost her second tooth last week so I finished this pillow just in time for the tooth fairy to come. I can't find where I found this embroidery pattern. If I find it, I will post a link.

DSC_1405

I also finished 2 owls, but totally forgot to photgraph them.

Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone!

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Glad to hear you guys are safe! Keep you and Tenn. in our prayers.

Stacy said...

Oh wow...glad you guys are alright! I have been watching that on the news...so unbelievable. We usually have some flooding around here every spring with roads closed, but not usually like that. That is a lot of rain to fall in a short amount of time.

Wonderful embroidery, too. She will definitely cherish that pretty tooth fairy pillow for a long time!

Cara said...

Oh my Jen! Flooding is one of my worst fears. I am glad you guys are doing okay. Stay dry!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word....that flooding. so very scary. thank you for sharing the pics.

love the pillow. I'm working on figuring out which kind of pillow I want to make for Sugar.

Joanna said...

I agree with everyone...So glad you are safe, although you look like you were way too close to it all just taking those pictures!

And that fairy pillow is so precious. Harper must have oved it. Sooo, did the Harpeth River have anyting to do with Harpers name? :0)

Run Lori Run said...

Wow, that's scary that you are so close. I've lived thru flooding like that twice. Once we were spared and once we had two feet of water in our living room. it is so devastating to your community! I am glad you are safe and dry and still able to focus on your art. I've been trying to come up with a tooth fairy doll these days so were on the same wavelength!

Christina said...

I remember living in St. Louis many years ago when torrential rains flooded the area (and then the water went down, only to be flooded again - 3 times!) Wow, the power of nature. So glad you guys are okay.

And wow, that tooth fairy pillow. C-U-T-E!

Unknown said...

Holy, holy rain! Oh, Jen! I am so glad that you guys are okay, but wow!

I think I would be glued to the TV too...I would have totally given you a pass this week, but yet you pull out a great brooch and an amazing toothfairy pillow! You rock!

Milk and Honey Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jen,

I'm glad that your family is well. We managed to make it through w/just power outages, but it sounds like Millington was really hard hit. We ventured out today for the first time since the storms and we saw a lot of leftover (flooded areas, etc.) from the storm. We are new to this storm thing, but I guess I better get used to it.

That tooth fairy pillow is totally cute.-

John said...

pandora charms sale
coach outlet online
cheap ray bans
ugg boots sale
uggs outlet
oakley sunglasses outlet
mlb jerseys
james shoes
michael kors handbags outlet
polo ralph lauren
2016106 yangheying

Unknown said...

michael kors bags
ray ban sunglasses discount
ralph lauren
ralph lauren outlet online
nike outlet
patriots jerseys
longchamp bags
oakley sunglasses outlet
coach outlet online
nike air max 95
170523yueqin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails