Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Numbers

This week Cara and I chose numbers as our theme. Once again I had grand ideas. I had visions of finding a cool sign that had numbers on it. I am not sure where I thought I was going to find it since I pretty take the same route every day, but that's ok.

I can so relate to Cara's shot. She said those were the cars that she picked up off the floor yesterday morning. We also have cars everywhere and I only have one son. So I can't imagine what it would be like with 2 boys running around. I love that you can see all the individual cars so distinctly if you look up close, but from far away the number 58 is really what you see.

My shot was a last minute thought I had at work today. I have been searching all week for the perfect number shot with no success. Out of nowhere I thought it would be cool to take a shot of a bunch of numbers in different fonts on a piece of paper. I purposely focused in on the 4 and 6 since that is how old my kids will be in less than a month. However, when I typed up the paper I did not intentionally type them together. It just happened that way. In hindsight I should have been more deliberate with my numbers for a more meaningful shot.

I do like the contrast of Cara's multi-color shot with my black and white shot.


Numbers 2

Check out all the other talented ladies over at Megan's blog.

16 comments:

bBchronicles said...

Very colorful and lots of texture!!!! Wow, now that's a lot of cars with lots of fun color AND the texture in the lettler is so cool with a variety of fonts. Nicely done AND I know all about having something in mind but as the week goes along things fall apart - so, congrats - well done team!

Dawn said...

I love this, they look super cool together! I know what you mean about having an idea in your head and not having it happen....but I think yours turned out great!
:)

shirley said...

Great numbers - I love the contrast of big/small, color/black and white.

Christina said...

all those different fonts together does make for a neat effect!! I love fonts. Cara's car picture it brilliant...I could probably recreate a similar photo with the stuffed animals left lying about. ;o)

Killlashandra said...

Yeah I do agree the color and b/w do nicely contrast each other. I like the different font styles in your shot too. :)

Megan said...

these are both such creative interpretations! great pair:).

Cara said...

I love that I did not know what yours was when I first saw it. I was thinking a secret code of some sort. It appears that you and I go through the same process. Grand ideas that turn to last minute scrambles. So far we are doing well.
Don't tell the rest of the bunch, but you are the best partner!

Kerstin said...

Fantastic idea - love it. it comes out very clear and love your angle of view. great shot!
Also love the "58 cars" - also a fantastic idea. Am curious about your next weeks idea - Marcelle and I (we are both "new" to the team up thursday family) have chosen our theme already....
have a great weekend
Kerstin

jillconyers said...

What a great theme idea. Love the color/B&W contrast.

Jessie said...

Both interpretations are fabulous! Love!

Kimberly said...

I think this is thinking outside the box in the best way, and I had to chuckle at your comment about taking the same route to and fro and thinking you were going to see something you usually don't. That sounds like something I would do. :)

Amy Jo said...

Both of these are great takes on the theme, and both took some work setting up. Nice work! You ladies are very skilled and dedicated.

Joanna said...

I love the idea of all the fonts together. That was very clever last minute thinking! Cara's kills me. Doing something creative with the kids toys....nice!

Maggie said...

You two make such a great combo! I love the contrast...just perfect!

Unknown said...

I'm kinda a font freak, so your photo totally appeals to me this week - and I love it with Cara's bright, colorful one!

Corey~living and loving said...

I think this is the BEST of the NUMBER themes I have seen. I love everything about it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails