Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

The 6 O'Clock Scramble

DSC_2077-edited

My mother and father-in-law gave me this cookbook for my birthday. I heard about it while listening to the Meal Makeover Mom's podcast. It sounded right up my alley. I have used it the last 2 weeks for meal planning. So far I am loving it. All of the recipes are less than 10 ingredients. She sorts them by season so you can plan you meals according to what is in season and what you can find locally. The recipes are pretty quick and easy, which is a must for me. Plus there are lots of vegetarian meals.

Harper has gymnastics on Friday afternoon for 1.5 hours so I have been using this time to plan our meals for the next week. I had gotten out of the habit of planning our meals. It makes life so much easier knowing what we are having for dinner instead of me scrounging around at the last minute.

Here are some of my favorites so far:

Honey Sesame Spaghetti

Cool Tortellini with Artichokes and pepperoni (I used veggie pepperoni)

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

how nice that everything is broken down into seasons! i'm going to have to check out that cookbook.

Unknown said...

oh...i'm on that one! thanks for the heads-up.

Stacy said...

Wow, that sounds great! I will have to look into getting that.

Cara said...

I need to check this out. I am usually scrambling to figure out dinner each night. I need to meal plan myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails