Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Miller

I can't believe my little boy is 4 today. We had a party for him on Saturday night. I know last year I said that this was going to be the year that Miller gets a class party, but obviously I lied. I decided a couple of weeks ago that we were going to do a family only party. Miller requested a bowling party so we convinced the family to go bowling with us.

DSC_1759

Then we had everyone back to our house for pizza and cake.


DSC_1792

I made 2 cakes from scratch. I am not the best baker, so this was quite an accomplishment for me. I have issues with following the directions exactly, which is pretty important when you are baking. So I made sure I had ALL the ingredients and actually followed the directions. It worked pretty well. Mitch once again did the decorating.


DSC_1797

My sister-in-law's birthday was yesterday so we celebrated her birthday too. She requested this cake. I like to think it is healthy.


DSC_1796

Happy Birthday sweet boy.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah...happy birthday! I think 4 is a terrific age - I hope you have a stellar year!

MGF said...

You are so great to bake two cakes.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday, Miller!!! Wishing you a rockstar year. Watching little kids bowl is a hoot, isn't it?! And you have plenty of company in the not-much-of-a-baker camp - but the cakes look great!

Run Lori Run said...

Happy Birthday! And what a cool looking cake! Do you taste the coconut milk in the other one? It looks like a great recipe.

Stacy said...

Happy birthday Miller!! Looks like a great time for him, regardless of no class party.

Yes, in baking following the directions is pretty important. Maybe that is why I don't like to bake either. Then again in might be the calories involved afterwards. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails