Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dress to Skirt Refashion

I am really trying to make my way through the pile of clothes I have set aside to refashion. This one took me ALL week to finish. Once I decided what I wanted to do with the skirt (which took the longest amount of time), it went pretty fast. I had to take out a couple of seams and redo them, but I am beginning to accept this as part of the process.

DSC_2168

I loved the fabric, but it was too big and not very flattering at all. I thought about keeping the gathered waist and just taking it in some on the sides. Then I looked at the skirts in my closet that I actually wear and realized I need to make it more fitted. I used a skirt from my closet to make the pattern and even put in an invisible zipper. I also used the existing lining for the lining of the skirt.


DSC_2222

DSC_2223

DSC_2228

It is far from perfect, but at least it is wearable.

Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

Great job! It looks great on you, too. Sometimes you just want to take the easy path, but really...if you aren't going to wear it that way it's just not worth it. Glad you took the time to make it the way you need it to be for it to be wearable. :)

Can't wait to see more of your refashion projects. :)

Unknown said...

AWE-SOME! I love it...how very cool are you? I have two shirts/skirts to refashion for the girls, I hope to get to before the shirts go out of style!

Cara said...

I wish I could do this! Great job, I think it look fabulous on you and much prettier as a skirt.

Christina said...

I'd say you did a darn good job! A very functional refashion, and you are looking hot, my friend!

Corey~living and loving said...

WOW! I think is so pretty. You make me want to start wearing skirts and dresses again. I haven't for 8 years.

Run Lori Run said...

Great job! I wish I had more experience sewing/altering clothes. I have a ton of stuff I don't wear but can't bear to throw out!

La Mama Naturale' said...

Love it! You look adorb! What a great refashion idea. ;)

Hualala said...

Kyrie Irving Shoes
Air Jordan 11
Air Jordan 9
Jordans 11
Yeezy boost 350 v2
Jordan 4 Retro
Jordan 11
Pandora Jewelry Outlet
Air Max 270
Paul20190214

Hualala said...

Retro Jordan 11
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Pandora Jewelry Outlet
Jordan 11 For Sale
Jordan 9
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Nike 270
Jordan 4
Yeezy boost 350 v2
Kyrie Shoes
Paul20190327

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails