Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Banana Split Snack

When my kids get home from school, they are usually so hungry. But the only thing they want to eat is candy or sweets. This is our compromise. They gobble it up and feel like it is a major treat.


DSC_0332


I take a banana cut it in half, then cut it in half lengthwise. Each child gets half of a banana. You could definitely use a whole banana, but this seems to work for them. Then I put a scoop of greek yogurt on top of the banana. Our favorite is Chobani. The kids like the honey banana and the strawberry flavors. I sprinkle wheat germ on top along with a tiny bit of chocolate syrup and a cherry. You could also used chopped nuts or peanut butter. The options are endless.


Mmmm. Now I feel like I need a snack.








5 comments:

Jessie said...

Yumm! Just like a sundae :)

Corey~living and loving said...

oooo this looks very good. great idea. thanks!

Run Lori Run said...

We are always trying to find good after school snacks over here too. Thanks for a great idea!

Kimberly said...

Looks delish!

Stacy said...

Wow, that is really fairly healthy and looks yummy! I'll have to try that with the kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails