Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Best Shot Monday- Jump on In

Our next door neighbors have a swimming pool. They are out of town for a couple of weeks so we are watering their plants for them. This also means we get to go swimming whenever we want. We are taking full advantage of this luxury.

I am still having problems getting my shots in focus with my new camera. I really want to start using the manual modes, but for right now it is auto everything. I still liked this shot eventhough it is out of focus.

DSC_0195

My son finally got up the nerve to get in the pool. He has been staying on the steps, but Saturday he went for it. Now he is all about swimming. He does not want to take off his shirt or shoes though which is very strange, but whatever works. He would live in his firetruck shirt, if we let him. He asks to wear it every day and gets SOOO excited when it is clean.

firetruck2


miller in the water

My daughter loves fairies and I thought this one was cute.

fairy 2

This one was taken at our house and has nothing to do with swimming, but I am picking it as my best shot. Mainly because both of my kids are actually looking at the camera at the same time.

DSC_0312

Melody is hosting Best Shot Monday this week. Check it out.

13 comments:

Blueberry said...

oh that last picture is adorable! the pool pictures are great too.

Christina said...

Access to a pool - I'd be tkaing advantage too!! Adorable pictures, and your focus doesn't look too bad to me. I actually found it easier to use the menaul controls...suto just won't do what I want. Love the light in the fairy one!

Maggie said...

Great shots -- I really love the last one...and extra kudos because they are both looking at the camera AND smiling!

iMother2.0 said...

Great pool shots...and, I just love that last one of them hanging around!

Megan said...

yea for looking at the camera ;) -- very cute one in the tree!

Melissa said...

what great pics - i want to dive right into that blue blue water.

Never That Easy said...

Getting more than one person to look at the camera at the right time is definitely an achievement - esp. if they're under 10. Great shots: Enjoy the pool!

Jaimee said...

Oh, your kids are so cute! Great summer shots! Love your new layout!

Kara said...

Such cute shots! And I totally love your header :)

Anonymous said...

That last shot is cute!

Maya said...

Start with auto and then go to program and move onto manual. You'll get there! And these look great! How fun to have a pool for awhile!

Anonymous said...

That first looks fab to me. I do love the last one of them together. What kind of new camera do you have?

kim said...

Love your best shot! - and the other pics too. I'm with you. Isn't it nice to have decent expressions and both eyes on the camera?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails