Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Only Eat the Blue Ones

DSC_0187

As an early Anniversary gift, my parents gave us 2 blueberry bushes and a rain barrel. Do they know me or what? My son loves blueberries and learned really fast to only pick the blue ones.


DSC_0186

He ate every single blue blueberry on the bush. My daughter is not a big blueberry fan, but she tried one and so did I. They were delicious. I can't wait to get them planted. I hope they flourish and give us lots of blueberries. It is really cool to be able to use or eat something that you have grown. I used some of my basil last night in a dish I made for dinner. Yeah!!!

DSC_0190

We are trying to figure out the best spot for the rain barrel. Once we get it all installed, I will post some pictures. I am really excited about it as well. It is going to be wonderful to use the rain water that collects to water my herbs and our new blueberry bushes.

4 comments:

CanCan said...

I was just picking berries last night with my 3 year old! We have 3 bushes that are about 2 years old...this year they REALLY yielded a lot. So fun for the kids to see!

I want to invite you to enter my giveaways this week at http://winnermama.blogspot.com

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jen,

I love blueberries, especially in muffins. I am looking into growing our own as well as strawberries which I buy weekly from a farm stand ($6-$10/week adds up). Blackberries grow on our property, and of course, they are my least favorite. I will be reading for tips from you regarding nurturing the growth of the berries.

You will love the basil. It grows so well, that you may have to share w/others.

You and your readers are too invited to enter in our "I've Gotta Secret" giveaway this month.

La Mama Naturale' said...

How fun...a blueberry bush! Sounds yummy. Score on the rain barrel! :)

Unknown said...

7.14llllllyuan"longchamp handbags"
"rolex watches"
"ed hardy clothing"
"cheap ray ban sunglasses"
"ferragamo shoes"
"nike trainers uk"
"marc jacobs"
"rolex watches outlet"
"fitflops sale clearance"
"nike outlet store"
"air max 90"
"coach outlet online"
"chrome hearts sunglasses"
"louis vuitton neverfull sale"
"ferragamo outlet"
"cheap mlb jerseys"
"lululemon outlet"
"hollister clothing store"
"burberry outlet store"
"celine outlet"
"hollister"
"hermes belt"
"burberry outlet"
"valentino shoes"
"futbol baratas"
"new balance shoes"
"instyler"
"louis vuitton handbags"
"michael kors uk"
"fitflops clearance"
"nike air max"
"mulberry handbags"
"coach outlet"
"oakley sunglasses"
"swarovski crystal"
"coach outlet clearance"
7.14

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails