Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My New Baby

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! Yes, today is my birthday and I am not ashamed to admit that I am 33. Actually, I feel quite good about it. Or maybe I am still beaming from the birthday surprise that I received this morning. My family went in together and bought me a brand new camera. That's right. I now have a brand new baby. I have a feeling my Nikon D60 10.2 MP Digital SLR will be my new best friend.

I have been dropping subtle and some not so subtle hints for several months now that a digital SLR camera would make my life SO much easier . Ok, not really, but I do take LOTS of pictures. Don't these memories need to be captured in the best way possible? I sure think so.

I have been looking around for a used one. You know to be greener. I did not want anything fancy and if I could use something that someone else did not want or need any longer even better. I have discovered used cameras are still expensive. For just a little more money, you can get a brand new one that has the latest bells & whistles. (Can you tell I feel a tad bit guilty?) I have decided to justify this lavish gift, I will just have to use the camera forever!!!

Well, I am off to read my camera's manual. I can't think of a better way to spend my lunch break.

7 comments:

Joanna said...

I am so jealous!! I was just looking at that same camera. I just got a bonus at work and told my husband thats what I wanted to spend it on....come to find out an expense we didnt expect came up. So frustrating to have to pay the bills instead of splurging! Congrats though and Happy birthday. Cant wait to see the shots you take with it!

La Mama Naturale' said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Jen!! You scored big time! We have the Nikon D40X and I LOVE IT. My parents just bought the D60 and there really isn't much of a difference. I can't believe the quality of shots I can get with it. Have a blast using your new camera! BTW- 33 is still YOUNG! Enjoy your happy day.

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Jen! The last camera we bought was more than six years ago, a little before our oldest was born. I believe I am overdue for a new one, but will have to wait until later.

To offset your NEW purchase, carry it w/you at all times (you can show it off) and be sure to use it often, which I'm sure you will have no problem doing. I love pictures and will enjoy seeing the ones you take.

Stacy said...

Congrats on your new camera! You will love the DSLR - no shutter lag and so much more versatility. My advice on DSLR's - get comfortable using the auto settings and then start playing around with the manual ones. It takes awhile to figure out everything, so be patient!

Stacy said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday, too!!

Jaimee said...

Oooh, congratulations! I just ordered a Nikon d80 for my anniversary gift from my DH! It is going to be a big adjustment I think!
And, Happy Birthday!

Rose said...

Okay, I'm feeling the envy here!!

Happy Birthday, though! what a great gift!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails