Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Reuse those glass containers

I started this post awhile back and was finally motivated to finish it today. For the most part, all of our glass gets recycled. I hate clutter so I don't usually keep glass containers for future use, but recently have come across some pretty good ideas. I might have to start saving some jars.

  • Did you know that you can turn your blender into a spice grinder using a mason jar. How cool is that? Too bad I already have a coffee/spice grinder. If anyone has tried it, let me know.
  • You can also reuse glass containers and jars as to go coffee cups or water containers.
  • These jar tops are really cool. You screw them on glass jars that you may normally recycle to make them more functional. It does not look like they are readily available in the US yet, but maybe soon.
  • Use them for storage of knicknacks, loose change, or other miscellaneous items.
  • Instead of using plastic, store leftover food in them.
  • Small jars can be used to hold votive or tealight candles.
  • Glass dressing bottles can be reused to store homemade dressing.
  • Tie a ribbon around the top of a jar and use as a vase
  • Make a lightbulb into salt and pepper shakers. (I would probably never do this, but it sure does look cool.)
  • Turn a cider jar into a mini greenhouse. (Can you tell I like Readymade Magazine?)
  • Last but not least, get crafty and make a soy candle
I hope you find these suggestions useful. Please remember to enter my giveaway that ends June 10th.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails