Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Birthday Outfit

For Harper's birthday I decided to make her a special outfit. I love the apron skirts I have seen on Etsy so I started with one of those. I picked up the brown floral fabric in the remnants bin at Joann's so I worked around it. Then I made the crown using the stiff eco-fi felt. Thanks Christina for the inspiration on the crowns. My plan was to buy a pink tank top and embellish it. I just couldn't find one that I thought would work so I decided to make a top, which she ultimately liked better than the skirt. In hindsight I would have just made the top and paired it with some pink shorts and been done. Overall I was really happy how it turned out. Harper loved the crown especially and wore it before and after school all week.


DSC_2167

DSC_2171




DSC_2169

Visit Carrie's for more Craft Tuesday.

9 comments:

Stacy said...

Great job! Love the whole ensemble and that crown really completes it. You can tell she is THRILLED with her birthday outfit.

Dawn said...

Darling! What a sweet outfit, I love pink/brown together.

That crown is adorable. I wonder if I could make one for my little guy that is manly?

His b-day is coming up in Aug...What do you think?
:)

Kimberly said...

Absolutely Adorable!!! Great job Jen! I've really got to take sewing lessons. I have a nice machine that my parents gave me and I've not idea how to use it. lol. Harper looks adorable in the outfit.

Unknown said...

That is a fabulous outfit! Oh I love it so. I'm totally stealing the crown idea for a little someone in Sept. too!

Christina said...

Wow, that is adorable! She is really stylin. I love how you combined the fabrics. She looks SO proud!

Jaimee said...

you did a great job! I LOVE that top - I can see that with some jeans and pink flip flops too! Just darling! Great job on the crown too!

COTTON MOMMA said...

She looked so ADORABLE thanks to one awesome mom! You amaze me

Joanna said...

Those crowns were a wonderful idea. Look at how happy she is! You did a great job Jen.

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jen,

I'm already planning to make my daughter a birthday outfit. I think she would absolutely love it. Thanks for the great idea. You did a wonderful job w/Harper's outfit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails