Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Birthday Week Comes to an End

DSC_2143-edited 1_filtered

We survived birthday week last week. Thank goodness. I can't tell you how happy I am to have Harper's birthday party behind us. I will post more details on the party later in the week. Now we get to start thinking about our vacation that is less than 2 weeks away. YEAH!!!!

I am choosing the above photo as my Best Shot. Technically it is not my best shot. I was trying to manually focus with my 50mm. But I love the expression on her face and the little bit of chocolate on the side of her mouth. Guess she couldn't wait to get a taste of the cake. I also love that you can just barely see Miller peeking in on the side. Those kids love cake. It's a good thing because we have had plenty of it this week.

Visit Tracey for more Best Shot Monday.

14 comments:

susiej said...

Lovely... that is the perfectly-sized cake.

Dawn said...

Oh, that is such a sweet shot Jen!

She looks so happy and I love the soft colors from the candles..Miller peeking over is so sweet!

Yay for vacations! Where are you off to?

:)

Megan said...

love all the mismatched candles on that adorable cake. she looks so happy!

Cara said...

I love the shot, I like how she is in soft focus in compared to the candles and like you said Miller right off to the side.
Tell Harper Happy Birthday!

Maggie said...

This is a wonderful shot -- perfect for a birthday -- I LOVE the candle glow on her sweet little face!

mandaroo63 said...

love the shot, love the focus on the candles, and what cute, quirky little candles they are! : ) have a great vaca!

Kimberly said...

There's something about candlelight photos that appeal to me. Great shot! Doing the vacation-count-down huh? So are we!

Never That Easy said...

I love the glow that birthday candles give off, and this is just a beautiful shot. (Also: those are the greatest candles ever!)

HipMomma said...

I think it's an awesome shot with a lovely glow on her face. I'm glad to know that birtdays last a week at others' houses too. It just can't be a single celebration.

Stacy said...

Wonderful shot...love it! Thanks for pointing out Miller, too. I didn't see him there!

Amy Jo said...

What a great shot, regardless of it's technical perfection. It really captures the fun of the birthday celebration!

Christina said...

Her smile is so soft and sweet!Birthdays and then vacation - whew, no lazy days of summer for you! ;)

Jaimee said...

Great shot! I love pictures like this - and I didn't even notice Miller until you pointed him out - so cute!!!

Joanna said...

What a great shot. Harpers face is so sweet looking. Love the curvy candles and how excited Miller looks. :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails