Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Overheard Conversations and Water Fun Photos

Overheard Conversation:

Let me set the scene for you. We are all in the kitchen. A bug runs across the floor. Miller alerts us and Mitch kills the bug.

Harper: What kind of bug is that?

Mitch: I don't know.

Harper: Is it a roach?

Mitch: No. It's some sort of crazy jumping bug.

Harper: Is it a millipede?

Mitch: No. It's not a millipede.

Miller: Maybe it is a harperpede. (Miller thought Harper was poking fun at him by calling the bug a millipede. I was quite impressed with his quick wit.)

Harper exits the room to grab a book so she can show Miller that there really is a bug called a millipede and she is not making fun of him. She returns with the book and the two of them go into the living room to look at the book. Mitch and I are still in the kitchen.

Harper: Look Miller here is a millipede. It has 139 legs. And this is a grasshopper. It has 3 hind legs so it can jump real high.

Oh, those kids. What did we do for entertainment before them?

Now here are some fun water photos from last weekend. Yes, Miller was pouring water over his own head. It's amazing how much fun they had with a baby pool full of water and 2 cups.

DSC_2136-edited_filtered





DSC_2135 edited_filtered





DSC_2128 edited_filtered




DSC_2125 edited_filtered




DSC_2131 edited_filtered

I know Miller looks emaciated in this photo, but I promise I feed the boy and he does eat!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

How fun! Your yard looks lovely btw.

Unknown said...

harpipede! haaaa! that is very quick witted!

what bug book does Harper have? I am working on my bugs and insects week for summer school since we'll be on vacation the week before and i need some good books!

Dawn said...

Haaa! That is a good one! Too cute!

My lil guy is finally filling out, sometimes he eats more than his sister (she's 6 yrs older than him) and he is so slim!

I need to have that problem :)

Love the water shots, esp the one of Miller looking at the camera!

:)

Joanna said...

What I love is how they sat together while she was teaching him from the book. That must have been the cutest thing.

Great fun in the water. Shots 3&4 are so cool with the water, but the secodn one takes the cake! Miller is so cute. :0)

Christina said...

A Harperpede! That's so funny and incredibly witty! Sharp boy you've got! Must have been so sweet to see that snuggled together learning about bugs.
Your kids are so cute, love the water monster in #2!

La Mama Naturale' said...

Awww! Adorb! I love the quick wit in children. His nose is looking lots better. Looks like they have lot's of fun together. :) Great shots.

Cara said...

Kids are so fun. My boys could spend hours in 6 inches of water and 2 cups as well. Miller nose looks like it healed up nicely.
Can you tell I am behind on in my reader.

Stacy said...

Yeah, Kai looks like that, too. Boys and their metabolism! Love their conversation, too. That is too cute!

Jaimee said...

I LOVE Miller's expression in that second shot! I can hear the laughter...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails