Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

Boy, did we have a busy weekend.

On Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market. Then we came home did a little yard work and waited for my niece and nephew to come over. They stayed with us all day Saturday and part of Sunday. Then we towed all 4 kids to Harper's last soccer game. We came home put them all down for a nap. Then we played outside. Got out the slip-n-slide. Bathed all 4 kids. Cooked dinner, ate, and went to bed.

On Sunday we just played around the house. My niece and nephew left around noon. I put my kids to sleep then started cleaning our VERY lived in house. I can't really explain what happened next. I started cleaning the kitchen. Then the living room. Then all of the sudden I am moving furniture. This happens every couple of months. I become possessed and start cleaning, reorganizing, and moving things around like a mad woman. I think it is some form of therapy that I need from time to time. Then Harper said she wanted to go eat sushi, which means salad, miso soup, edamame, and TCBY (which is right next door). I had been craving sushi so this sounded perfect. My husband was away on an overnight canoe trip so it was just me and the kids. It was nice to just sit back after a long, tiring weekend and hang with the kids. After I got the kids to bed, I baked cupcakes for Miller's birthday tomorrow. Man, I am pooped.

Needless to say, I had to dig around in my photos from last week to find a Best Shot Monday. This was one that I completely overlooked the first time around, but it speaks to me today so I am calling it my Best Shot.

clematis spikes edited

Visit Tracey's for more Best Shot Monday.

14 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love this photo. The sharpness of the flower itself with the blurred surroundings, absolutely great! BTW, I'm pooped just from reading all that you did last weekend. You put my week (and weekend) to shame ;)

Dawn said...

Fun, fun, fun! Sushi is my fav and that shot is amazing!

Thx for the tips on PS Elements, I really appreciate you taking the time, very kind of you! :)

Enjoy your week!

Amy Jo said...

Lovely lovely lovely! Purple flowers are my favorite, any type! I love the contrast of color and sharpness.

Megan said...

ooh, that is gorgeous! the spikiness of the flower contrasts so nicely with that beautiful bokeh -- yum!

Joanna said...

Great shot Jen. I love the colors and look of the flower. So unique. Super duper bokeh. :0)

Christina said...

The part I can't help but focus on the most? The kids sleeping. Man, I miss naptime. I love to rearrange my house too - but then hubby comes home and wants it all back the way it was. LOL!

DOF, colors, comp - totally gorgeous, Jen!

HipMomma said...

Oh, it's so lovely.

I got into that crazy mad women cleaning last night. I'm just hoping that I can find that mad women again this afternoon cuz the house is only partially done!

Stacy said...

Beautiful shot, Jen! Love it. :)

Sounds like you had a busy weekend, too. I used to love rearranging everything all the time, too. Now it seems we don't have much for choices for our furniture placement, though. It seems so much fresher with a new setup.

Unknown said...

We have been mad cleaning over here too...it really is therapeutic isn't it?

I love, love your BSM. It is just perfect to start off the week.

Cara said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading that. I do the same thing with moving and reorganizing.
I love the color in the photo and the bokeh is awesome!

Leisa Hammett said...

WOW! I'm really liking your photography!

jeje said...

coach outlet online
adidas nmd runner
jordan shoes
ralph lauren uk
true religion outlet
soccer boots
polo ralph lauren
ferragamo outlet
cheap nba jerseys
nba jerseys
oakley sunglasses wholesale
0420jeje

Unknown said...

adidas shoes outlet
offwhite
lacoste polo
nike air max 2018
chrome hearts online
adidas superstars
lebron 16
http://www.kobeshoes.uk
nike sneakers for men
jordan 11

zzyytt said...

fitflops sale clearance
yeezy boost
lebron shoes
rolex replica
adidas crazy explosive
james harden shoes
ferragamo belt
lebron 16 shoes
air jordan
nike air max

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails