Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Little Something For Me

I have been in a bit of a sewing funk. I have lots of projects in my mind, but actually completing them has been a whole different story. A couple of months ago, I bought this cute, soft sheet at Goodwill. I envisioned a dress for Harper and maybe a skirt for me. I have been wanting to make myself a comfy skirt to wear around the house. I decided that I wanted a yoga style foldover waist for maximum comfort. While the kids napped on Sunday, I whipped up this skirt. It turned out exactly how I wanted it to and it is SO comfortable. I was so excited because lately this doesn't ever happen.


DSC_2117


I also made Harper an apron skirt and a matching birthday crown. I am still working on the top. I should have photos next week after her birthday party.

It felt so good to sew again. Of course this little bit of productivity has just fed my desire to finish all those other projects swimming around in my head.

Visit Carrie for more Crafty Tuesday.

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Great job on it! I have a few pieces of fabric that I want to do this with, too. Love those comfy skirts. :) Can't wait to see Harper's birthday outfit!

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS! Oh, I want one, too! I just bought a little (very similar) skirt - those waists are the best!

I can't wait to see Harper's new outfit, too!!

You all sure have a lot of birthday celebrating to do in the next few weeks....

:-)

Kimberly said...

You did a fabulous job on the skirt! I can't wait to see Harper's dress.

Christina said...

Yay, good for you for making something for YOU! It looks so very comfy. I think I'd live in it, 24-7!

MGF said...

Comfy. Can't wait to see the other stuff.

Joanna said...

I find it so funny how both you and Stacy say the words "whipped it up" like there is nothing to it....Talent woman! You got lots of talent! It looks way comfy and great for summer. Good for you.

Jaimee said...

That does look super comfy! And, you have some great legs, girl! I'm jealous... :)

HipMomma said...

LOVE that skirt. What a great idea, too. I was thinking that I needed to pack my sewing up cuz I haven't used it in awhile. This sort of inspires me...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails