Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Put Your Thinkin' Caps On

Second Chance Studio Logo

I started my little shop last year on a whim. I had no expectations for it. I just hoped to have a little extra money to help out with Christmas. I never anticipated that I would be doing wholesale orders. It never crossed my mind that I would be featured in a magazine. Don't get me wrong. I can't quit my day job, but I do want to step things up a notch this year. I read this post by rikrak last night and it has me thinkin'. I really need to think about branding, packaging, and staying focused on a few keys products. This is where I need your help. If you could answer all or some of the questions below by leaving a comment or sending me an e-mail, I would really, really appreciate it. This means all you lurkers out there too.

1. What three words would you use to describe my work?

2. I am thinking about selling my owl pattern as a pdf in my store. Do you think there would be demand for that? What would you pay for it?

3. What would you like to see more of in my store? (cozies, patterns, kits, supplies, softies)

4. Do you think I should have 2 separate blogs? One for the kids and photography and one for crafts?

I do have more questions I want to ask you all, but I will leave it at that for now. I am working on new headers for my blog and store, but I am going to wait on your feedback before I finish those up.

You guys are the best!!! Thanks for helping me out.

7 comments:

Run Lori Run said...

Yes, I think pdf patterns are marketable. I've seen them on etsy and they seem to be selling. I'm partial to softie patterns because thats what I make but I do think they'd sell on etsy as well as in brick and mortar shops. Look at how successful Melly & Me patterns are.

I think one blog is better 1.) because its easier and 2.) because people want to see what else you're up to besides crafts. People want to peek into your life and meet your family, your pets, see works in progress, etc.

Good luck on your plan to expand, you're very talented!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the new blog header, logo, branding, etc. I LIVE for this stuff! Way more fun than the boring corporate graphic design stuff I usually have to do.

So let's see...

1. eco-friendly, kitchy, and VERY crafty would be my three words.

2.I'm not sure about the pattern - I already have my owl :-) and would probably just try it on my own if I was going to make one rather than buy a pattern. So I guess I'm not one to ask on that one. I will say I really loved the cozy kit - and it inspired me, so I'm really glad I bought that.

3. MORE materials...definitely.

4. Hmmm...this is a hard one, I've been thinking about this too with our new endeavor. I kind of think yes, 2 separate ones are better...but the thought of maintaining two blogs makes me crazy, so I don't know.

Kimberly said...

I don't know much about patterns so I can't really help you there. I do like the idea of just one blog though. I love to see what crafts your working on but I also love to see the kids, recipes, and photos. Maybe you could do something with different tabs? Everything is on one main site but has it's own different category.

Dawn said...

1. colorful, resourceful, creative

2. I would rather buy an owl or try to make one on my own, not sure I would buy a pdf...esp with so many free google options out there.

3.I love the cozies, softies and crowns (I would buy a crown!)

4. I think one blog is good. More of a website though with tabs like Kimberly said. Then new traffic from your New Green Mama would meet up with your other endeavours and hopefully create more business.

I'm so happy for you and wish you continued success!!
~D :)

Christina said...

I am so excited for your sucess, and can't wait to watch it really take off!

1. Fresh, creative, eco-friendly

2. I don't really know how much demand there would be for the pattern, but if you already have it put together you have nothing to lose by listing it. If it sells - great! If not - you're not out anything. I wonder, tho, if you'd do better to sell the physcial printed pattern rather than a digital doccument.

3. more kits and supplies!

4. keep it as one blog! I like being able to see everything in one place, and it makes it easier for you.

I'm excited to see your branding. Personally, while the logo you're showing here is very nice, I find it a little stuffy compared to your products. you need fun! funky! colorful! IMO

Stacy said...

Let's see:

1. Eco-friendly, creative, fun

2. I dunno about this one. If you can google and find a free tute, then I probably wouldn't do it.

3. I think kits are a great idea. So many people want to learn how to sew and do things these days. This would give them a good start.

4. Personally, I would keep them the same, since I have thought about it myself. I don't think I would have enough continuous content for both. You don't want to have a stagnant blog, either. My photography blog is that way. I will go a month between posts.

Unknown said...

20170221 junda
tiffany jewelry
tory burch outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
coach outlet online
air max uk
ferragamo shoes
kate spade outlet
mbt shoes
coach outlet clearance
polo outlet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails