Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Campin' At Fall Creek Falls

We took the kids camping for the first time this weekend.

We did some hiking.

DSC_0228


We saw some pretty water falls.

DSC_0229



DSC_0234

My sister-in-law and broter-in-law with my nieces posing for a scenic photo.


DSC_0232



DSC_0246


We took a break for a little snack.

DSC_0247

We ate dinner and s'mores. Enjoyed a nice campfire. Put the kids to bed. Chased a skunk around the campsite. Stayed up pretty much all night with cold, restless children. (not photographed)


But we survived.

DSC_0250


A little tired and cold, but still smiling.

DSC_0252

Nothing a camp fire can't cure though.

DSC_0253

And my Best Shot......

DSC_0243


Visit Tracey for more Best Shot Monday.

13 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

wow look like so much fun and I love those picture. My fave is the 4 of you standing in front of the waterfall!!!

Megan said...

you could have practiced your night photography with those "cold restless children" ;). i bet the kids will be talking about smores and campfires for a good long time!

Never That Easy said...

Looks like a great time (although that thin little bridge might have been a bit much for me)! And your best shot is so happy.

Christina said...

Looks like a fun time - well, most of it anwyay. ;o) Having cousins join you definitely makes it even better!

P.s. my "word verification" is RIVERS - appropriate, no?!

Amy Jo said...

I can't even imagine trying that with little ones! You are brave! I love the best shot, and the family shot as well!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Campfires are the best!! =)

Killlashandra said...

That's a great family picture of all of you down at the water. Your best shot is wonderful too. :) Looks like a great time. Camping can always be a bit of an adventure.

Cara said...

I love your best shot!

Stacy said...

What a beautiful place! Looks like you all had a good time.

There's a special place in heaven for you parents that take small children camping. I doubt my kids will ever experience that...all the camping as a kid has ruined it for me, actually. I like hotels...with showers. ;)

Dawn said...

Looks like fun and sounds like it....except for the shivering!

I love the shot of Harper and her daddy....def frame worthy!!

Your photos are so great Jen!!

Kimberly said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! How'd the kids do on the suspension bridge? I really hate those things. Those are some great water falls.

Melissa G said...

Looks like a beautiful trip! Love those smiling faces. I keep wanting to take the tot camping but have yet to find the courage.

Jaimee said...

ohhh...I have such good memories from camping as a kid...can't wait to do this with my kids...looks like fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails