Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

New Year Collage

I thought I would share a few of my favorite photos from 2009. When I look back at some of these photos it is hard to imagine that I took all of these in 2009. It was a great year and I can only hope 2010 is as good.

Last year I made a few simple resolutions. I feel the same way about resolutions this year as I did last year. I don't really believe in them. I don't really like them. I get them and I am all for a fresh start with the new year, but I think resolutions and goals should be made all year round. Why wait until January 1st? However, I have had a lot of time to think over the holidays and reevaluate certain aspects of my life and I do want to make some changes this year. Since about October I have been completely consumed with my little side business. I spent pretty much every spare minute sewing. When I was finally able to take a break, I realized that I don't want to be bogged down by this any more. I am not ready to give it up, but I am trying to figure out a way to make it work better for me. I know I will not be nearly as busy now, but I still have several large orders to fill and it has me a bit stressed out. Bottom line is I need to start saying NO more often.

I am also changing around my work schedule so that I can be home for Harper when she gets off the school bus. I was only working half the day on Friday. The other half of the day I used to sew, run errands, or do whatever needed to be done. Since I have rearranged my schedule I am not going to have as much uninterrupted time to sew. I just feel deep down that this is the best thing to do for us right now so we are going to try it out. I am not sure where these changes will lead us, but I am sure it is going to be another great year.

5 comments:

Run Lori Run said...

I identify with your post! I recently changed my work schedule so I could be able to pick my daughter up from school and while its great to work less time, it was a fantasy to think that my spare time could be used for sewing. It just isn't possible for me to make enough dolls to sell in the shop-- I don't have time. Thats why I am considering making patterns instead of actually selling the dolls themselves. Maybe that will be doable, who knows but something has to change...

I wish you good luck in the coming year, I hope your shop continues to grow but only in a way that works for you and your family. You can do it!

Dawn said...

Happy NEW Year Jen!! I hear ya with resolutions (don't tell anyone but mine are ones I was planning on doing anyways!) Being home for your girl will be so special, that time is irreplaceable! Love all the photos and all the smiles! :)

Unknown said...

Learn to say NO. That is our mantra for this year, my friend! Sounds so very familiar. But it also sounds like you know what you have to do and you'll make it work. Somehow we always do. :-)

Happy New Year!

Christina said...

There's an awful lot of goodness there in that collage - good memories and great photos!

Learning to say no...that's a hard one? The struggle to find balance is never ending. Good for you for taking those steps!

Unknown said...

those are really pretty pictures with alot of life in them! Thank you for sharing : )

www.singaporephotography.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails