Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Sewing

I did not do too much sewing this week. I have been trying to get up early and workout instead of working out in the evening. So by the time the kids go to bed, I am ready for bed myself.
I did manage to do a little refashion for Harper. I usually hand down Harper's clothes to family or friends, but somehow these orange pants that were 2 sizes too small were still lingering in her dresser. I decided a little black and white ruffle would make them perfect for Halloween. They did not dress up at school so I wanted her to have something special to wear on Friday. I had just enough black and white fabric to make it work.


DSC_4162
Nice pose, huh?

DSC_4156
As you can see I did not have any orange thread so the white is very apparent, but I really did not want to buy anything for this little project. She didn't seem to mind. Of course, now I want to add a ruffle to all her pants.

Harper was Hannah Montana for Halloween. I made her a sparkly, sequin tank dress lined with a knit fabric to keep it from being itchy. I drafted the pattern from an existing dress. I was very proud of how it turned out. It actually fits her and is also comfortable. The only problem is the sequin dots are glued on so it is not very washable. It will have to be a dress up outfit. She was very anxious for me to finish the dress. She kept asking me when I was going to make it so it has been finished for a couple of weeks now.

It is kind of hard to see in this photo. Miller is a jokester. Can you tell that he really did not like wearing that mask?

DSC_4192

This one is a little better.


DSC_4191

I also made her headband, which you can't really see either. She loves the headband. She even wore it to school today.

Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone!!




8 comments:

Stacy said...

Great job on the pants! I love those ruffles at the bottom. She looks so cute in her Halloween duds.

Great job on her Hannah dress, too. I can see why she loves it. Pink and sparkly!

MGF said...

Fun, Fun.
I just saw the below picture of the pumpkin patch, no way are the kids in shorts. I would love that. But weather here is too cold.

Christina said...

The pants are so fun! What a perfect way to dress up an outfit. Nadia would go bonkers for a Hannah Montanna dress, too!

Kimberly said...

pants are so much more fun when they have ruffles! great job!

Unknown said...

Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? :-) Yeah...I'm sure she thought tit was well worth the wait, though. It ROCKS!

And I adore the ruffle pants. That is a great way to prolong life in some pants.

Corey~living and loving said...

I love adding ruffles to the bottom of pants that are too long. :)

great Hannah Montana you made there. :) cute.

Joanna said...

I cant believe how big both of them are getting! I can remember those plastic masks as a kid. Your face would get all wet and sweaty in them just from breathing! Great outfit for Harper's school. She totally looks like she was workin' it!

Anonymous said...

What a cute addition to the pants. Such a nice way to upcycle especially since pants are usually too short before they are too small.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails