Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bit of Whimsy Doll and Quilt

After last week's shoe fail, I knew I had to redeem myself. So I decided I would make my friend who just had a baby a doll and doll quilt. I used this pattern from Bit of Whimsy Dolls. It was on sale last week, but doesn't look like it is any longer. I had all of the materials on hand so I was able to use up some of my stash. I used a pattern from the Wee Wonderful book for the doll quilt. This was my first attempt at quilting so I pretty much winged it.


Bit of Whimsy Doll-Jean

Jean 2

Jean 3


I also used this tutorial to create a pretend binding. It worked perfectly.

Jean 4

Now I just have to mail the gift, which seems to be harder than all of the sewing.

Happy Crafty Tuesday.


6 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness...how cute is that!? She will just love that. What a great gift. :)

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word! that is the cutest thing EVER! I haven't been sewing. I've been reading. ack....I need to find balance.

Unknown said...

totally bailed on CT yesterday - i have a few things but we are running round at breakneck speed and i can't get them photo'd and up.

but i see YOU managed to put something up and it is FANTASTIC! oh my word - i'm so in love with that little doll. seriously the cutest thing ever. how much time did it take you for just the doll? i'm thinking i need a plushy, fun little project like that soon!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness! *squeal* that doll is seriously the cutest thing evah!

Maggie said...

That is completely adorable! You are so crafty!

MelodyA.-HipMomma said...

Oh she is so cute!! What a great gift.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails