Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Day in the Life- February 8, 2011 {lunch break}

This week I decided to document my lunch break at work. I try to go for a run a couple of days a week on my lunch break. Yes, it means I am kind of nasty the rest of the day, but I have come to terms with it. I will probably start running in the evenings again once it gets warmer and isn't dark so early.

I officially start my half marathon training this week. I have been training for my training the last month or so. I was having some foot issues so I went to a specialty running store and bought some shoes. I desperately needed new shoes. The new shoes felt great and my foot issues seemed to be better. I ran my longest run- 5.8 miles. Then my hip started killing me. Man, oh man. I really feel old. I took about a week off from running. It started feeling better, but after today's run it is very sore again. Ughhh.

Anyway back to my lunch break. At 11:30 I changed clothes, stretched, and got all ready for my run.

Feb 8-1

I felt pretty good during my run. My hip was hurting, but not too bad. I ran 3 miles in just under 30 minutes. I headed back to the office, drank some water, and cooled off a bit. I took a couple of calls. Then changed back into my work clothes.

Feb 8-2

I grabbed some homemade gatorade, some ice for my hip, and my lunch.

Feb 8-3

I ate my lunch while I worked. Exciting stuff, huh?


6 comments:

Jessie said...

I can't wait for it to stay lighter later. Good for you! when is your 1/2?

Christina said...

Once again, lovin' the peak into your life. I am so impressed by your motivation to squeeze a run into your workday!

julee said...

Geez, you get alot of 'work' done in a half hour. It takes work to be healthy.

Great job!

Corey~living and loving said...

dude...I'm so lazy. sigh. and look at your lunch awesome. so you have a recipe for that Quinoa?

Run Lori Run said...

Homemade gatorade, intriguing!

By the way, I made your green smoothie and it was great- even my 11 yearold loved it. Thanks!

Maggie said...

Running on your lunch break?! You are so motivated...I seriously need to take lessons from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails