Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Frozen Bananas and Fat and Skinny Green Smoothies

I thought I would share a couple of other green smoothie recipes and also some quick frozen banana recipes.

Whenever my bananas are getting too ripe to eat, I freeze them. Usually I just divide the banana into about 4 chunks and put them in a container in the freezer. Most of the time I use the frozen bananas for Breakfast Ice Cream. This is a Sneaky Chef recipe that I modified slightly.

Breakfast Ice Cream
1 frozen banana in chunks
2 tbsp of vanilla yogurt
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Place all of the ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth. This is a yummy treat. I save this for extra grumpy mornings. I also give it to my kids for dessert sometimes. This recipe makes a pretty small serving. You can always double or triple the recipe.

You can also slice a banana into slices like chips and freeze them on a cookie sheet. My kids gobble these up. Since they are frozen, they think they are getting a treat.

I have had several comments on my green smoothie recipe so I thought I would share a couple more of my variations with you.

Fat Green Smoothie
1 handful of spinach
2 bananas
2 cups of chocolate soy milk
2 tbsp of peanut butter

This one is not as healthy, but it will satisfy that chocolate craving and you still get some spinach.

Skinny Green Smoothie
2-3 handfuls of spinach
1 fresh mango or about 2 cups frozen
2 cups water (you can do 1 cup soy milk and 1 cup water if you like it creamier)

This is a good one to do if you are watching your calories.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails