Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What does Going Green mean?

One of the hot air balloons that floated over our house this afternoon.

Going green means something different to everyone. On wikipedia.com Going Green is redirected to Environmentalism. According to wikipedia .com, environmentalism is "a broad philosophy and social movement centered on a concern for the conservation and improvement of the natural environment, both for its own sake as well as its importance to civilization."

To me right now going green means conserving energy, creating less waste, recycling, educating myself, and being aware of my impact on the environment. I want my children to grow up in a safe and unpolluted environment.
Here are some new green tips. I am calling them my easy ecos.
1. Don't get an ATM receipt or a receipt at the gas station. (Thanks to Dana for that one)
2. Sign-up for your bills to be automatically drafted from your bank account. You can also sign up to receive your bills via e-mail. No more bills in the mail, no more checks, and no more stamps.
3. Green Dimes- This is another great way to get rid of that junk mail. It costs $20 and they use this money to plant 5 trees. (Thanks to Dana for this one too.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails