Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snow and green smoothies

Look at that snowman. We had fun playing out in the snow this morning. Harper and Miller have never seen this much snow so it was fun to watch them play. Maybe next year I will invest in some waterproof gloves.

I thought I would post the recipe for my green smoothie. You really should try it. Mitch and I are addicted to them now.

Green Smoothie Recipe
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1 celery stalk chopped (sometimes I leave this out)
1 banana
1 cup frozen fruit (I use mixed fruit usually, but you can use berries, mangoes, or even just add another banana)
3/4 cup vanilla soymilk (you can use regular milk)
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup of water

Blend it all up and enjoy. Don't let the color scare you. It really does taste yummy. When you use lighter colored fruit, the smoothie turns out a bright green (which I like best). If you use berries, the color can turn brownish. Sometimes I use chocolate soymilk or add a little chocolate when I use blueberries so that it looks like a chocolate smoothie.









LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails