Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Mmmmm......Acai Green Smoothie

According to Dr. Perricone's list of superfoods, Acai is first on the list. For those of you who do not watch Oprah (this includes me), Acai is a berry grown in the Amazon rainforest that has a hint of chocolate flavor. It has a very high concentration of Antioxidants and Omega fats.

After reading about Acai, I came across some smoothie packs made by Sambazon at Wild Oats. Of course, I had to try them. We are now hooked. I save our special Acai smoothies for Friday. This is cheaper and healthier than stopping at Starbucks, which is what I use to do on Friday mornings.

At first I was scared to taint the unique flavor with spinach. As I became more addicted to green smoothies, I could not bring myself to make one without throwing some spinach in there. Here are two different recipes using one of the smoothie packs. There are also recipes on the back of the package, but none include spinach.



Acai Banana Smoothie
1 Acai smoothie pack
1 banana
1 cup chocolate soymilk
1/2 cup water
1 handful of spinach

Acai Yogurt Smoothie
1 Acai smoothie pack
1 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
1 cup chocolate soymilk
1/2 cup water
1 handful spinach
1 cup frozen blueberries

Yum!!!

1 comment:

Cleo Rogers said...

Making these for brunch tomorrow! I’ll let you know how my family likes them – big smoothie people here!
Best Honey Teriyaki Beef Jerky, visit website

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails