Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Greening my Cleaning Part II

I decided that in order to really change my cleaning habits I needed some instructions and some empty spray bottles. Well, I have found some instructions. My next step will be to clean out the spray bottles. Here are some that I thought I would try.

Window Cleaner
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp liquid soap or detergent
2 cups water

Combine in a spray bottle and shake to mix. Spray on window and wipe clean with crumbled newspaper. You can still recycle the newspaper once you are done.


Mold Removal
1 tsp Borax (you can find this in the aisle with the laundry detergent)
3 tbsp vinegar
2 cups hot tap water

Combine in a spray bottle and shake to mix. You can spray this on mold growing areas of the bathroom and leave it. No need to rinse.


Tile and grout cleaner
1 part salt
1 part baking soda
1 part vinegar

Combine to make a paste to polish tile and grout.

Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Baking Soda
Lemon Juice

Wood Cleaner
¼ cup white vinegar
¼ cup water
½ teaspoon liquid soap

A few drops of olive oil

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Saturate a sponge with the mixture. Squeeze out the excess and wash surfaces.


Unclog drains
Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda in and around the drain opening. Follow with a cup of white vinegar. Flush with boiling water. Repeat if necessary.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails