Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Changing with the Seasons

DSC_1023-edited

Taken with my kit lens (18-55mm)

Since keeping this blog, it has become evident to me that I tend to function in cycles. I feel like I am starting to move out of my crafty, sewing phase and move into my food obsessive phase. I always have an underlying interest in food and healthy living as well as crafting, but it seems like only one takes center stage at any given time. I guess it makes sense that I would devote more of my time and energy to eating healthy and getting more exercise when the weather is nice and I will soon be forced to get into shorts and (gasp) a bathing suit.

DSC_1028-edited

Taken with my 50mm 1.8 lens
If I can get into a good workout routine, I think I would feel much better. I already eat pretty well (most of the time) and just have a couple of areas I need to improve. I don't know why, but I feel compelled to share what I eat in a typical day (or at least this week). I have been trying really hard the last couple of weeks.
Breakfast
cup of coffee with soy creamer (Silk French Vanilla)
oatmeal with blueberries, cinnamon, wheat germ, and a little bit of brown sugar
Mid-Morning Snack
carrot juice with a splash of OJ or a green smoothie
handful of raw almonds or a banana
cup of tea
Lunch
homemade soup or salad
slice of organic sprouted bread or whole wheat bread
Mid-Afternoon Snack
organic apple or yogurt with wheat germ and blueberry preserves
cup of tea
3 squares of fair trade dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
Dinner
this varies the most, but I usually try to have two vegetables or 1 vegetable & 1 grain plus some sort of protein, but here's an example of one of my dinners this week:
pinto beans (Eden Foods canned beans do not contain BPA) with salsa, brown rice, and steamed broccoli
glass of seltzer water with a splash of pomegranate juice (yummy you should try it)


DSC_1032-edited

Taken with my 50mm 1.8 lens

I know the intermittent photos are completely random, but I wanted to mix it up a bit. I thought it was interesting to see the different bokeh that I achieved with the different lenses.


DSC_1033-edited

Taken with my 50mm 1.8 lens

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Happy Friday.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! Those are stunning!! I can't take my eyes away from the first and the third ones~

Yum! That all sounds d'lish! Keep up the great work~

Happy Friday!!
:)

Christina said...

Sounds like you eat quite well!!

So interesting to compare the bokeh. I'm surprised that I actually prefer the image quality from the kit lens!

iMother2.0 said...

loving the truly colorful bokeh!
thanks for the smoothie recipe...needed something new :)

Your pictures really made me happy. Thank you!

Joanna said...

You eat WAY better than me! Look at these shots though. I love the third shot....but the first one is wonderful too. I cant believe that is the kit lens either. Beautiful bohek colors!

Anonymous said...

Loving the pics and so glad to see you're a Nikon lover too.

Stacy said...

Beautiful shots!

Boy are you a healthy eater! Thanks for sharing that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails