Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Healthy Snacks on the Go

DSC_1145-edited

Snacking while traveling by tractor is not recommended


Eating healthy snacks on the go is one of my biggest challenges. When it's just me, I am fine with a piece of fruit and some nuts or trail mix. Most of the time the kids are fine with that too, but when you going on a long road trip (Did I mention we are going to Disney World next week?) you need a little variety. Since I am trying really hard to stay away from prepackaged foods, it is a bit more challenging.

Here's what I plan to pack. I divided it into two categories because I have a few prepackaged favorites that I am going to include.

Not Packaged
Energy Bars (recipe found in Eat Smart)
Chewy Granola Bars from Make and Takes (these will be treats)
Popcorn
Whatever fruit we have around the house that I can grab
Trail Mix made with nuts and dried fruit and maybe granola if I have time to make it

Packaged Goods
TLC Dark Chocolate Coconut Fruit & Grain Bars (these are my kids favorite)
Goldfish (we have a huge box in the pantry that needs to be used)

If you didn't figure it out already, we are driving to Disney World next week. We are leaving after work on Tuesday and we will be back on Sunday. I am really excited. I have only been once and the kids have never been. I might just have a photo or two to share when I get back ;)

Any healthy snack ideas anyone?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YEEAAAHHH! You guys are going to have so very much fun! I can't wait to see photos and hear all about all of the excitement when you get back.

We love frozen grapes? Usually they don't make it to the de-thawed stage, but we've been munching on those, and then if you have a cooler they will also stay cold if they do get dethawed.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine is a raw food enthusiest and she created something called a Pure Bar. You can read her blog and what she took on a recent road trip with her family at http://thepurebar.com/veronicasblog/

I hope that helps!

Dawn said...

I do popcorn too! It's fun road trip food. We do all fruit leather as "treats" and turkey/cheese rolls. These are easy to keep cool and a tasty snack that is not just a cracker.

Have Fun!!!!!!!
:)

Jaimee said...

Oh yay, have fun on your vacation!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails