Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

One of the best things about vacation is coming home. I might not always be ready to get back to real life, but being home sure does make me happy. We got home on Sunday around 6:00 pm. The kids had been cooped up in the car all day so we let them loose in the backyard. Harper scoped the yard out for us letting us know what new flowers were blooming. I walked around and saw that my blueberry bush had blueberries forming.

DSC_1517

My strawberry plant had strawberries growing.

DSC_1539



The cilantro and parsley were still thriving.

DSC_1540


The clematis and irises were all in bloom.
DSC_1537


We were not even gone a week and our yard was out of control. It was a good feeling. I was too tired to take photos on Sunday, but it rained yesterday. And you all know I have a thing for raindrops so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get some shots of the backyard.

DSC_1535

DSC_1533

DSC_1531

DSC_1524

DSC_1515

DSC_1511



DSC_1543



DSC_1520

I still have to plant my seeds for the rest of my herbs and vegetables. I am a little stressed that I have not be able to get them in the ground. Hopefully it won't be too late.

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love the photos of the irises! I bet you could sell those as a group of photos and do well with them.

Dawn said...

Beautiful shots! I love coming home too!

Glad you had fun~

:)

Christina said...

Beautiful, Jen! Seriously - so, so lovely. Your yard is an oasis!

Megan said...

such gorgeous iris shots -- the water droplets are crystal clear!

Maggie said...

There is no way that I could even begin to THINK about picking a favorite. These are AMAZING!!

And you're right, there's nothing quite like coming home...

MGF said...

With all our moisture, we have thriving weeds. So i need some time to WEED.

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jen,

I'm now on your side of the map.

My daughter and I went to the co-op last weekend and bought every herb we could find to start our herb garden. The ground isn't prepped, but I couldn't wait because I wanted to have a few of them for cooking this week. I spent a bunch, but will save quite a bit over the next few months because I won't be paying $1+ for a small bunch of herbs that will wilt and be no good a few days after buying from the grocery store. It is so cool to walk outside, grab the herbs I need for our meals right from our garden (almost).

Is it too late to start blueberries? We bought strawberries and they are doing well, but I really wanted blueberries this year. I haven't been able to find any starter plants.

Unknown said...

oh...the raindrops are heavenly! lovely, lovely photos. i so wish we got more rain, here. i want some raindrop photos!

you should, by the way, sell some of those photos - they are gorgeous!

Kimberly said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love spring! The cilantro and strawberries shots are my favourite. I am so inspired to garden now.

Jaimee said...

Wow, these are all so crisp & bright!

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jen,

Although envy isn't pretty, I am so envious of your blueberries. I hope you enjoy them. I am looking forward to finding some fresh ones this summer. For sure, next year, I will be growing my own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails