Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Purple Power Breakfast Smoothie

Friday mornings are a perfect time for an all encompassing healthy smoothie. I have to admit that I do not eat the best on Fridays. We usually go out to dinner and I often eat lunch out as well. When I want to pack in lots of good stuff, I always turn to a green smoothie. Here's a little concoction I came up with this morning. I added the wheat germ and oatmeal to make it more hearty and to add some fiber and vitamins.

Purple Power Breakfast Smoothie
1/2 cup rolled oats (I used quick oats because it is all I had on hand)
2 tbsp wheat germ (good source of fiber, Vitamin E and Folic Acid)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (good source of calcium, phosphorus, riboflavin-vitamin B2 and iodine)
1/2 cup pomegranate juice (antioxidant and good source of Vitamin C, E, and Folic Acid)
1/2 cup orange juice (good source of Vitamin C, Folic Acid, and Potassium)
1 cup soy milk (I used Silk Omega 3 DHA)
1 handful baby spinach (good source of iron and calcium)
1 Acai Frozen Smoothie Pack (antioxidant)
1 cup frozen organic wild blueberries (rich in phytonutrients, antioxidants, as well as anti-inflammatories)

Makes 2 servings

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Meant to leave a comment before!

We love smoothies around here but I have only put in fruit....I will have to give that one a try with the spinach :)

Stacy said...

I am awful about eating breakfast, too, but that sounds like a good alternative!

qqq said...

nike store
ralph lauren sale clearance
pandora charms sale clearance
red bottoms shoes
birkenstock sandals
polo ralph lauren
ralph lauren sale clearance
christian louboutin outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
polo ralph lauren outlet
170728yueqin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails