Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Harper



DSC_0373

Dear Harper,

Seven years old, really? I always tease you that you didn't want to be born on my birthday because you wanted to have your very own birthday. I swear you came out of the womb knowing what you wanted and when you wanted it. You are so strong and independent, but also so caring and loving. This year you have made me proud more times than I can count. Just this morning a father stopped me in the parking lot after I dropped you off at camp. He asked if I was your mom and I said, "yes". He said, "Harper has been so sweet to my little girl who has special needs". I love that you can be friends with someone without judging them or feeling strange just because they are different from you. I could go on and on because I am always getting compliments from others on your behavior and your character. I am so fortunate to be your mother. Thanks for being you.

I hope you have the best birthday ever, Babycakes.

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Harper! You are growing up entirely too fast. May you always the strength of character that you have now to love and accept others as they are.

Stacy said...

Happy, happy (belated) birthday Harper! What a sweet story about that dad complimenting her. What a kind heart she has. :)

Hard to believe our oldest are 7, right? They are over halfway to teenagers already!

Unknown said...

Ah man....that is a great compliment to you, too Jen! She is a wonderful girl. I'm sorry I missed all your birthdays, I'm finally back to blogs, life and all of it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails