Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quick Chickpea Curry

This recipe is definitely inspired by Christina's recipe. I was craving a chickpea curry, but didn't have all the ingredients to make her version, so I improvised. I was happy with how it turned out so I thought I would share.

DSC_0108-edited


Ingredients:

1/2 sweet onion diced

3 roma tomatoes diced

1 tbsp olive oil

1 tbsp coconut oil

1 can of chickpeas

2 tbsp mild curry paste

1/2 cup of water


Method:

Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onion and cooked until it softens and becomes translucent. Add the coconut oil, then add the tomatoes. Cook for about 5-7 minutes. Add the mild curry paste and the chickpeas. Then add the water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.

Serve over brown rice. You could also add spinach to the mix, but I had broccoli so I steamed it instead.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That looks yummy!

I have coconut curry on the docket tonight for dinner. I'll have to post the recipe soonish. Hopefully it turns out like the restaurant version we had on Sunday. :)

Corey~living and loving said...

I've made christina's recipe. your looks good too. :)

Kimberly said...

That's looks amazing. I wish I could eat that but unfortunately I'm allergic to curry :( Still, it looks really, really good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails