Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kale Chips

I know there are a gazillion kale chip recipes out there, but in case you have never experienced them I thought I would share how I make them. These things are seriously addictive. Try them. I promise you will love them. This is the only way I can get the kids to eat kale.


I like to use organic or local kale when I can, but every now and then I get lazy. Sometimes I buy these big bags of kale to put in smoothies or to make kale chips. The kale is already washed and torn into bite size pieces. If you buy kale that is not already ready to go, wash and tear away from the steam into bite size pieces. I usually just tear it with my hands.


DSC_0060



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you are cooking something else that is a different temperature, it will still work you just need to watch it very carefully so it does not burn. Oil a cookie sheet or two (I always make 2 because I can eat a whole sheet myself). Spread out the kale evenly. Spray with more oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.



DSC_0065



Put the kale in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.

You will know it is ready when you shake the cookie sheet and the kale moves around and makes a noise. You want the kale to be very crispy.



DSC_0076



So, so easy and the perfect way to get in some greens.

4 comments:

Cara said...

I am so going to try this. We joined a CSA this year and we will be getting a lot of Kale and I am not sure what to do with it. Thanks!!!!

Corey~living and loving said...

okay...I'll try it. I don't want too, but if you say it's good. I'll be giving it a go. :)

Stacy said...

I need to try this! I'm getting some kale in my CSA box today, so it's perfect timing. Thanks!

Run Lori Run said...

Have you tried it with some olive oil, salt, nutritional yeast and a bit of lemon juice on them? YUM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails