Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Earthworm Day...I mean Earth Day

Check out the worms in my compost heap.

I am excited to celebrate Earth Day this year. To be honest in previous years, this day has not meant too much to me. I have to admit I have always been a little "crunchy" (a new word I have picked up from fellow green bloggers). This term always reminds me of my friend Ladonna who liked to refer to hippie-ish types as being "granola". Plus, my husband is a self proclaimed treehugger. Meaning he really likes to hug trees. However, I have never done anything special for Earth Day.

Anyway, I digress. I plan on doing a few special things with the kids. Earth Day gives us an excuse to do something fun. You know I am a sucker for a good craft project. I did take the recycling to the drop off center this weekend so my supplies are limited, but I am sure we will think of something we can reuse. Here are some good Earth Day crafts. These are even better.

Since we will have to start saving bottle caps to do this project, I might settle for the cereal box sandals instead. Or even better maybe we will make coffee ground fossils. Of course, digging in the dirt seems appropriate too. My kids love to search for earthworms and move them to a new home. They have created a central location for all the worms in the yard to live.

As for me, I plan on celebrating our progress so far. We have come a long way since January. Just thinking about it keeps me motivated to push forward and do even more.

Happy Earth Day everyone. I hope you have a good one.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails