Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

POM Power Smoothie

I took a recipe from The New Sneaky Chef Book and adapted it a bit. You know me. I just can't give up my spinach.

I love this recipe. It is different from the other smoothies I have been making lately. I know Green Tea has lots of health benefits, but I can't give up my morning coffee. I like that this recipe sneaks in some tea. Plus avocados are said to help lower cholosterol, are a great source of potassium, and 1 cup provides 23% of the daily value of folate. This is definitely a heart healthy recipe.

POM Power Smoothie
3/4 c Pomegranate Juice ( I used POM)
1 cup Green Tea (boil 1 cup of water and pour over 2 green tea bags, steep for 2 minutes, then let cool)
1/2 Avocado
1 handful of spinach
1 cup frozen fruit (I used mixed fruit, but you can use blueberries, strawberries or a berry blend)
1-2 TBSP of honey (I used 1 TBSP, but if you like it sweeter use 2 TBSP.)
about 10 ice cubes

Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!!!! Like all my other smoothie recipes, this makes enough for 2 people.


Click here to read about the benefits of drinking pomegranate juice.

Click here to read about the benefits of drinking green tea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails