Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Purple Passion Smoothie


It has been awhile since I have experimented with a new morning smoothie. This is my latest creation. It contains mache instead of spinach. The mache looks like spinach, but seems to have a milder taste. The POM and blueberries make it a purple color. There is not a hint of green so you could serve this to someone and they would never know there is a green vegetable in there. I am thinking about making some popsicles for the kids with this recipe. I might use another cup of juice instead of water to make it sweeter. I will let you know how it goes.

Purple Passion Smoothie Recipe:
2 handfuls of mache
1 banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup vanilla soymilk
1/2 cup POM (or other pomegranate juice)
1 cup water



Blend ingredients and enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails