Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Planet Harmony Fruit Snack Review


I have been on a search for a "healthier" fruit snack for my kids. Don't get me wrong. There is no substitute for the real thing and my kids do eat fruit. My son will eat the fruit leather, but my daughter will not. Both like dried fruit, however, they both have a weakness for the packaged "gummies", as my youngest likes to call them. I searched the supermarket aisles for a better (naturally sweetened, organic) fruit snack, but came back empty handed. I noticed Amazon.com had Planet Harmony Fruit Snacks, but they were sold out. I signed up to get an alert when they received more in stock and waited.

A couple of weeks ago I received the notice that they had more in stock so I placed my order. (Along with the Smart Power Strip, but more on that in another post) I ordered right when I received the alert and there were only 2 left. So I am not sure if they are in high demand or if they do not get a lot in stock. I do not usually order snacks online and have actually tried to stop my online shopping altogether, but made an exception to try these.

The packages are 3 oz, which is 2 servings, but I have been making them last for 4 servings. The snacks are definitely yummy and taste more like candy (which I guess they really are) then I had expected, which my children like of course.

The ingredients include: organic sugar, organic corn syrup, organic white grape juice concentrate, citric acid, pectin, sodium citrate, natural flavors, colors added (including annatto, turmeric, grape skin liquid, and black carrot juice concentrate).

There were a couple of incredients that I was unsure about so I did some further research. Pectin is a gelling agent used to thicken foods to a jelly-like consistency. It is diluted with sugar and combined with citric acid to adjust pH. Typical levels of pectin used as a food additive are between 0.5 – 1.0% - this is about the same amount of pectin as in fresh fruit. The sodium citrate controls the acidity of gelatin desserts, jam, ice cream, candy, and other foods. Both are safe and occur naturally in citrus fruits and berries according to this website. I wish that they did not contain corn syrup, but at least it is not High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Here is an alternative to the traditional gummy bears: Planet Harmony Gummy Bears

Overall, I am happy with my purchase. I received 16 packages, which is more than I really wanted. I do think that they would make good party favors in lieu of candy, but we will not have a birthday party until June. Hmmmm, I am sure we will think of something to do with all of the goodies.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

authentic jordans
nmd
gucci belts
nike sneakers for women
longchamp bags
yeezy boost 350
converse outlet store
ray ban sunglasses
kobe shoes
nike cortez men

Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.6.27
jordans
pandora jewelry outlet
nike huarache
red bottoms
moncler jackets
ralph lauren outlet
canada goose uk
hugo boss outlet
dsquared
bottega

OGEN Infosystem (P) Limited said...

This is an amazing blog, thank you so much for sharing this information with us. Visit for
SEO Service in Delhi

zzyytt said...

adidas store
chrome hearts
air jordan 12
goyard bag sale
fila shoes
lacoste polo
yeezy shoes
yeezys
golden goose
coach bags sale

zzyytt said...

golden goose outlet
adidas stan smith sneakers
retro jordans
jordan retro
kobe 9
timberland outlet
kyrie irving shoes
longchamp
yeezy
michael kors

sajid said...

The packages are 3 oz, which is 2 servings, but I have been making them last for 4 servings. The snacks are definitely yummy and taste more like candy (which I guess they really are) then I had expected, which my children like of course.

sajid said...

Great Work,
It is a Nice Post, It was very helpful for me. keep it Up.
tutuapp

Unknown said...

free fire apk download for pc and android.

James Bond said...

Bihar kisan Samman nidhi yojna

James Bond said...

Bihar kanya vivah yojna

Unknown said...

Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog.
showbox apk

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails