Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Menu Monday Recipe Review Apr 6-10

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


Well, it is only week 2 and I am already straying from my set menu. I changed the menu to reflect what we actually ate. Guess I can't review something we did not eat.

Sunday- Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Corn Casserole and Green Beans -This meal was good and not very labor intensive. Everyone seemed to like the chicken.

Monday- Fettucine Alfredo with Shrimp (whole wheat fettucine with sauce made with tofu, evaporated swim milk and parmesan cheese), Garlic Bread, and Steamed Broccoli -The garlic bread was the highlight of this meal. I was really excited to try an alfredo sauce that incorporated tofu, but I was very disappointed. I will not be making the alfredo sauce again.

Tuesday- Apple Cranberry Pork Loin, 10 minute Asparagus and Brown Rice dish-The pork loin seemed to be a hit. The asparagus was pretty good, but next time I will not make the tahini dressing. I will just add some parmesan cheese and maybe some butter.

Wednesday- Chicken Sausage, Baked Tofu, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and Parmesan, roasted garlic couscous - This meal was thrown together at the last minute. I had planned on having caramelized tofu with shredded brussels sprouts. I just wasn't feeling it when I went to cook dinner. I kept looking at my cute little sprouts and did not want them to be shredded. Anyway, the roasted brussels sprouts were very tasty when they first came out of the oven. They lost some of their appeal once they sat for awhile. I will definitely make these again.

Thursday- Mango Black Bean Salad- I had a mango and some cilantro that needed to be used so I winged it on this one. Maybe next week I will be more organized.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails