Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Best Shot Monday- Colors of Winter

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect day. The temperature was in the mid 60's. There was not a cloud in the sky. So we packed up and headed to the zoo. The kids rode the carousel and played in the massive playground. We ate a picnic lunch and checked out a few animals. I was so excited to be outside and able to take photos of something else besides my kids or my backyard.

The first thing that captivated me was the soft color of the plants with the sun beating down and the contrast of the bright blue sky. It was perfect.


DSC_0185-edited




DSC_0187-edited




DSC_0165




DSC_0167




DSC_0188


Check out more wonderful photos at Best Shot Monday here.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful! I can imagine the bright sun and the crisp air...

Glad you all got out in the sun for a fun day!

Megan said...

love that first one especially -- so gorgeous with the competing textures! sounds like a fab day, too :)!

Rose said...

Simply gorgeous. Love the first one too! The textures and colors are wonderful.

Joanna said...

Great shots Jen! Isnt it rewarding to get out and stretch your photo skills? I have been in a lull lately so these beautiful shots inspire me.

Unknown said...

these are phenomenal! i love the textures, the light and the fact that it was such a fabulous day!

iMother2.0 said...

LOVE the tall grass against that blue blue sky!

Christina said...

I love all of these! They make such a gorgeous series...the colors, the textures, the light, just beautiful.

L~ said...

Those are really beautiful images!

natalie said...

Ahhh...the zoo. We did that for M's 2nd birthday, but should go back this year!! It's about an hour and a half from our house, so it's a day trip. It looks like you guys had a great time!!!

Maggie said...

We had an unseasonably warm last day of January -- isn't that the best winter treat?

Stacy said...

Beautiful shots! I love the brown of the plants against the clear blue sky - just wonderful. That sounds like a great day, too. I bet it was nice to get out and do something different. I know I really needed our excursion on Sat.

Jaimee said...

What an awesome day with wonderful pics to go with it! I'm so jealous of your trip! We all got sick the moment it turned warmer around here...ugghh!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails